National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s (NOAA) Mission Information Technology Services (NMITS) Industry Day was the hottest ticket in town last Thursday. With only 520 seats available and more than 600 people registered, the highly anticipated event turned out to be first come, first serve. Fortunately, Red Team was lucky enough to attend. In case you missed it, we’ve put together acquisition strategy highlights and other pertinent information about this small-business set-aside.
NOAA NMITS Timeline
- Final RFQ is expected to drop in Q2 of FY2019
- Awards are expected in Q2 of FY2020
NOAA NMITS Eligibility
- Total SB set-aside
- No unrestricted track
- CTAs are permitted
- All team members must have IT 70
- FAR 9.6 is not applicable to GSA Schedules
- Start getting your team of small business partners ready!
NOAA NMITS Requirements
- NMITS will be a mandatory source for all NOAA Organization and line offices, however there is a waiver process.
- If you do IT work now with NOAA or have plans to provide IT services to NOAA in the future, this is your vehicle!
- BPA is estimated at $2.1 Billion
- IT Services are the core of this contract and will have a broader scope than the prior NOAA Link contract
- Cloud solutions can be public, private, or hybrid
- Customers are NOAA employees, contractors, and any other users of NOAA systems
- Requirements are going to be at the task order level (like ISO and CMMI)