Top 5 GovCon Events
There are tons of valuable government contracting events in the DC metro area, from networking happy hours to training seminars to opportunity overviews. We narrowed down the top 5 that we think you should attend in the upcoming weeks.
- AFCEA Belvoir Small Business Networking Event
When: May 8, 2018
Where: Ft. Belvoir Officer’s Club – Ft. Belvoir, VA
Cost: $50 (Members) | $60 (Non-Members)
Join AFCEA Belvoir on May 8 for a networking event geared specifically towards small businesses. You’ll have the opportunity to hear from speakers and mingle with your industry colleagues.
- AFFIRM After Hours IT Networking Event
When: May 10, 2018
Where: The City Club – Washington, DC
This month’s AFFIRM After Hours IT Networking event will be held on May 10. Attending will give you the opportunity to catch up with old colleagues and friends, while building new relationships. This is a must-attend industry event!
- Igniting Innovation 2018 Conference and Awards
When: May 11, 2018
Where: Renaissance Hotel – Washington, DC
Cost: $75 (Members) | $100 (Non-Members)
Igniting Innovation is the premier annual event featuring innovations to improve services to citizens and government operations. This year’s program will be bigger and better than ever! Don’t miss the chance to learn what’s happening on the cutting edge of innovation. Highlights include:
- Forty Exhibits by top innovators from across the nation, keynotes by senior government officials
- “Lightning Talks” by experienced innovators
- An interactive human-centered design session on Procurement Innovation
- HIMSS: Finding the Human in Health and IT
When: May 17, 2018
Where: Key Bridge Marriott – Arlington, VA
Cost: $55 (Member) | $65 (Non-Member)
Join the HIMSS NCA chapter for a TED Style Talk with Connie and Craig Luigart, two celebrated speakers at the 2016 Exponential Medicine Conference in Silicon Valley. In an informal-style chat, Connie and Craig will discuss the human element of illness, and how health IT intersects with patient care and experience. In two short 20-minute talks, the speakers will:
- Reflect on their patient experience and consider how the prognosis can change our perspective on treatment and care and the role of IT
- Explore the importance of IT and health analytics in current research and future improvements of patient care and diagnosis and treatment
- Examine how best to keep the humanistic side alive as we move from diagnosis to treatment with a focus on health IT
- 5th Annual Government Forum Cyber Threat Intelligence
When: May 31, 2018
Where: Marriott Marquis – Washington, DC
Attend the Cyber Threat Intelligence Forum to learn how to use threat intelligence to focus your security program on the threats that matter to your organization. Intelligence experts will provide an up-to-date overview of the threat landscape with details on the most dangerous threats to organizations. You’ll leave with the understanding of what a robust, cutting-edge threat intelligence program looks like, and how to go beyond threat data to give you the knowledge needed to protect your organization.