Top 5 GovCon Events
There are tons of valuable government contracting events in the DC metro area, from networking happy hours to training seminars to opportunity overviews. We narrowed down the top 5 that we think you should attend in the upcoming weeks.
- AFCEA Bethesda Innovation in Technology
When: March 1
Where: Grand Hyatt Washington, Washington DC
Cost: $150 (Member Price); $200 (Non-Member Price)
The AFCEA Bethesda Spring Symposium, Innovation in Technology – Delivering Better Government Services to Customers, will look at how this transformation is unfolding across government. During the symposium, the emerging role of key developing technologies will be the focus. Speakers will conduct a deeper dive on topics such as advanced analytics, artificial intelligence, cognitive computing, robotic process automation and blockchain, and hear from thought-leaders from the White House and leading agencies.
- National Small Business Federal Contracting Summit
When: March 6-7
Where: George Mason University, Arlington, VA
Cost: Prices vary between $125-$245
The National Small Business Federal Contracting Summit is a jam-packed two-day event designed with small businesses in mind. Jointly hosted by The U.S. Women’s Chamber of Commerce and The American Small Business Chamber of Commerce, this strategic summit will focus on the following areas:
- Increased focus on assuring small business federal contractors secure our fair share of federal contracting (taxpayer) dollars.
- Access to federal agencies and prime contractors.
- Timely education and information on current trends, opportunities, and threats to small business contractors.
- Legal education important for teaming, joint ventures, and related topics.
- Connections to potential teaming and joint venture partners.
- Taking new ground – setting a course for the future with specific FY 2017 objectives.
- Influence on The Hill – connecting votes to action for our congressional leaders.
- Federal Innovation Summit
When: March 14
Where: The Newseum, Washington DC
The 2018 Federal Innovation Summit is being hosted at The Newseum this year. Top government officials and industry experts will discuss ways to drive innovation around public sector mobility — from wearables on the battlefield to virtual reality as a tool for training, and more. The summit will feature talks on the adoption of emerging technologies, driving improved endpoint security, and transforming the federal workforce to better support the digital enterprise.
- AFFIRM After Hours IT Networking Event
When: March 15
Where: U.S. House Committee Hearing Room – Room 1310, Washington, DC
This month’s AFFIRM After Hours IT Networking event will be held on Thursday, March 15. Attending will give you the opportunity to catch up with old colleagues and friends, while building new relationships. This is a must-attend industry event!
- PSC Communications Network: Top 10 Marketing Strategies for 2018
When: March 20
Where: PSC Offices, Arlington, VA
Cost: FREE (PSC Members Only)
Hinge Marketing Partner Liz Harr will cover the ten most impactful marketing strategies that government technology and professional services firms can implement in 2018. The strategies shared are based on Hinge’s newest research on high growth government services firms.