Presenting to the Government: How to Prepare for Traditional Orals + FEDSIM Presentations
More and more federal agencies are turning to hands-on methods to compete their contracts and evaluate offerors. Though not new, the use of oral presentations as a means of evaluating contractor proposals are on the rise. Government agencies are using a variety of orals techniques including traditional PowerPoint presentations, scenario-based orals, interview style Q&A, and on-site coding technical challenges. As more agencies begin adopting this approach to evaluate offerors, companies will need to understand the keys to success with this form of proposal evaluation. When it comes to winning a contract today, it’s more than technical knowledge and experience. Staff and teaming partners must understand the nuances of presentation style, storytelling, and collaboration to effectively convey technical acumen and company culture, all while being responsive and compliant with the Government’s instructions.
Through the use of interactive lecture and hands-on exercises, attendees will better understand the industry best practices for preparing and executing traditional oral presentations and GSA FEDSIM style oral presentations.
This training is split into two half-day sections. The first half focuses on traditional orals preparation and how companies can better organize, plan, and rehearse for PowerPoint, scenario, or interview style orals presentations. The second half includes information on how FEDSIM conducts procurements and how to prepare for and present FEDSIM orals.
- Managing the process for an orals presentation
- Strategies and best practices for solution development, building content, and developing slides.
- How to prepare presenters to speak and conduct rehearsals
- Tips on how to communicate clearly
- Tips on preparing for the unexpected
- Introductory to FEDSIM (Who is FEDSIM? Why does FEDSIM run procurements like they do?)
- How to build out your proposal in a FEDSIM PowerPoint format
- Organizing your orals slides in a way that makes sense to evaluators
- How to creatively use graphics to convey your message and solution
- Jeff Leitner (Red Team Consulting)
- Will Fortier (Hive Group)
Who Should Attend?
This training was developed for anyone involved in the orals process at any stage, including:
- Business Development Managers
- Proposal Managers
- Capture Managers