Business Development Manager
What do we need?
Another energetic and fun individual to support sales opportunities, engage current clients, manage accounts, and increase Red Team’s presence in the market. Or in other words, a Business Development Manager.
This job might be for you if:
- You are comfortable in a client-facing role and are able to make new connections and build relationships.
- You love handling multiple projects and opportunities at once.
- You enjoy networking events that allow you to meet new people and build relationships.
- You enjoy working with many different types of clients across multiple industries.
- You want to be a part of a small business where everyone contributes to each other’s success as well as the growth of the company.
- You enjoy an office environment that is engaging, open, and dynamic with coworkers who truly enjoy each other.
- You feel that giving back to the community and those around us is an important responsibility.
There’s lots of responsibility here, so you need to have a minimum of 5 years’ work experience (3 years in sales), know your way around a government RFP, have experience in IT and professional services, and have existing relationships from participation in organizations such as ACT-IAC, AFFIRM, and/or AFCEA.
A typical day in the life of our Business Development Manager:
- Attend a morning breakfast event and meet several new potential clients.
- Follow up with potential clients that contacted Red Team for possible support. Vet the clients and gauge their requirements by researching the opportunity they need help with.
- Meet face-to-face with a potential client to further discuss Red Team’s capabilities.
- Close a sales deal and work with Red Team’s operations team to get support in place.
- Reach out to an existing client to ensure they remain engaged with Red Team.
- Research upcoming acquisitions and procurement updates and reach out to potential clients with this information.
- Brainstorm with Red Team’s marketing group on upcoming activities that will help drive sales.
- Swap stories with your coworkers about your weekend activities or latest episode of your favorite TV show.
Sweet perks of working at Red Team
- Flexible telecommuting policy
- Benefits including vacation, sick, and personal days, company 401(k) contribution, insurance, and even a Costco membership
- Monthly happy hours, company lunches and team building activities, and charity events